Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Return of Michael Jackson?

Michael Jackson has decided to come out of retirement. I'm of the age where I remember "Thriller." Michael Jackson was undoubtedly the GOD of pop. He was always a little weird before he got a lot weird, but Hey, that is what music stars do.

I was reading on rollingstone.com that the dates for his Grand Finally will be July 8th and then he'll perform every other night until July 18th. Then July 22nd, 24th, 26, and 28th. These are scheduled to be at London's O2 Arena, which indicates I won't be there unless I make some real money and make it fast. Would I go if I had the choice? To be honest, I don't know. He's weird, but I love some of the music and the energy is awesome.

Hmmm, I do have some good memories of him. 1) The 1st time I some him moon walk...It was much more amazing then the 700th time I saw it. 2) The Thriller Album. Everyone owned it at least once. (Not Really, but we weren't suppose to trust those over 30 years old that didn't) 3) The BEAT of the music. Yes, he mesmerized a generation, regardless of what you think about him today.

If you really wanted to go, could you even get tickets? Can you imagine a bunch of 40-60 year old rokers getting their groove on? Maybe I'll win the lottery! Maybe I can get a hold of pair of Michael Jackson Tickets. I could sell them and retire :)

The Slanted View

No comments:

Post a Comment